Skip to Main Content
Welcome to Marianopolis College!
Use this section of the Student Guide to familiarize yourself with how college life works and who you can go to for questions and support:
New Student Orientation Day: Thriving at Marianopolis - August 14, 2023
- Register for one of the two sessions here.
- Plan to be on campus for a few hours (10:00 AM – 2:30 PM OR 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
- You must take your Student ID picture before leaving campus, so remember to wear your best smile!
- Bring a copy of your schedule to find your classes
- Come with an open mind.
- Be ready to explore and learn about your College.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Josie Cavaliere or Adam Reider by MIO.
Back-to-School Workshops for new and returning students
Join us on August 15 for workshops on relevant topics to your studies at Marianopolis.
Visit this link for a description of the workshops and to register.
You can plan to attend more than one workshop.
PURCHASING OF TEXTBOOKS AND COURSEPACKS
- Your teachers will indicate the books and materials you will need to buy for your courses on your course outlines, which will be distributed in the first week of classes or earlier. Please check Omnivox daily to make sure you read all MIOs from your teachers and program coordinator and review any documents posted in your Léa classes.
- You will be able to purchase many of your course materials online; books will be available through the bookstore at Concordia University’s downtown campus (please follow the instructions below) and other bookstores (check your course outline for more info from your teacher), and your course packs will be available via Eastman’s online sales platform. You can also consult the Secondhand Book module in Omnivox for used copies. You can search by book title, ISBN, author name, course number, or course title.
- For some of your courses, your teachers may ask you to buy specific material (e.g. art supplies) from the College. If this applies to you, you will receive details in Omnivox from your teacher. Please check your course outlines for more information.
The only calculator approved for use during quizzes, class tests and final exams is the Texas Instruments Model TI-30XS Multiview.
The calculator is available for purchase at the College (Wayne's World), Amazon.ca, and Best Buy, .