Skip to Main Content
The ebooks that were ordered as part of eBook Party 2020 are now available through eBook Central.
Follow these instructions to log in to eBook Central and to access the ebooks:
- Go to the Library website.
- Scroll down to the section called “Books and Ebooks.”
- Click on the + sign to expand the section.
- Under the first heading titled "eBook databases" click on Ebook Central.
- A pop up will appear asking you to enter a username and password.
- Enter your username, followed by “@marianopolis.com.” (e.g. email@example.com).
- Your password is the same as your College computer login (your network password).
- Once you submit your username and password, you should see a page that says “Authentication Successful.”
- Click on the Proceed to Ebook Central link.
- You are now in eBook Central.
- To access your book type the title in the search box.
- Click on the the title you want from the list.
- You will see two options below the book cover graphic: “Read Online” or “Download.”
- If you choose to read online the text will open on your device and you can begin reading.
- If you choose to download the book you will be able to access the book for up to 21 days offline, directly on your device without having to go through eBook Central. When you click on “Download Book” you will be prompted to either sign in or create an eBook Central account. This is separate from your College login.
To create an Ebook Central account, please do the following:
- Click on the button that says "Create Account."
- You will be sent to the account creation form, which asks for a first name, last name, email address, and a password. It is recommended that you use your "@marianopolis.edu" email address, although any email address will work. It is NOT recommended that you use your College password, however.
- Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in anytime you're on Ebook Central by clicking on the "Sign In" button in the top right corner of the screen. The account activates your personal "bookshelf", which allows you to save and organize books you've found in the collection for later.
For assistance, email the Library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be pleased to set up a one-on-one call with you to make sure that you get access to your ebook.
Marianopolis College Library