Skip to Main Content
Books on this page
The items listed on this page are a mixture of books and eBooks. When using each, there are a few things to remember:
- Books - Note the Call Number listed beside each book. You will need this number to find the book on the shelf. Physical books can be kept in several different collections in the Library. To find out which collection each book is in, click on the title to go to the Library catalogue. In the catalogue, look at the bottom right corner of the screen, where is says "location." Under ‘location’, you will see one of these options:
- Ground Floor - These books are in the Circulating Collection on the Ground Floor of the Library.
- Reserve Collection - These books have been placed in the Reserve Collection by professors for specific courses. Ask for them at the Circulation Desk on the Main Floor.
- New Book Section - These are recent additions to our collections. Find them on the Main Floor, on the shelves near the Circulation Desk.
- Graphic Novel Section - These books are part of our Graphic Novel Collection. Find them on the Main Floor, beside the New Books Section.
- Main Floor - These books are part of the Reference Collection on the Main Floor.
- eBook -There are two methods for accessing eBooks:
- On-campus - Click on the title of the book, then on the small link labeled "URL" in the Library catalogue to access the eBook.
- Off-campus - Log in to our eBook subscription databases first by going to the Find books and eBooks section of the website and click on the appropriate database. The "Call Number " beside the eBook in this list will tell you which database to use. Then enter your seven-digit student number, followed by "@marianopolis.com" (e.g. email@example.com) as your username, and the password you use for logging in to the school's computers. Once you have logged in, you can either search the database for the book using the title of the book, or you can click on the book title on this list and then click on the small link labeled "URL" in the Library catalogue to access the eBook.